Before you can set up a search form with the VK Filter Search plugin, your content must be ready. If your categories, tags, taxonomies, pages, and posts are not ready, start with them first.
Configuration of VK Filter Search
* The post type “VK Filter Search” was added from version 2.0.0. Search forms that were directly placed using the conventional method prior to version 2.0.0 will not be affected, so please rest assured.
Basic Usage (Registration/Display of Search Form)
Stage 1: Register Search Form
Click ‘Add New’ from VK Filter Search on the Dashboard
Add ‘VK Filter Search’ Block and Create Search Form
Preset Blocks to be inserted
Taxonomy Search Pro Block (Set to Category) / Taxonomy Search Pro Block (Set to Tag) / Keyword Search Pro Block / Search Button Block will be inserted as preset blocks.
Customise the Search Form Settings
- Target of Post Type: You can set the post types to be filtered by using the pull-down menu, such as post, fixed page, custom post type, etc.
- Display this form on search result page: Turn ON to display the search form on the search result page.
- Display on post type archive: Checked post types will display a search form at the top of the archive page.
- Submit Button Settings: You can edit the text and styles of the form submit button.
Customise the inner block layout
Customise the settings for each inner block
The following six useful inner blocks are available:
Publish the Search Form
Stage 2: Call the Registered Search Form
Insert the Call Filter Search Form block
Insert the Call Filter Search Form block where you want to call the search form on a page.
Specify a Registered Search Form
Specify the registered search form from the settings sidebar on the right.